Every parent wants their child to achieve their full academic potential. However, with most children being in a class of between 30-34 children, it is becoming increasingly difficult for teachers to ensure that every child is achieving their optimum potential.
VAKS after school tutoring programmes is designed to eliminate gaps, consolidate learning and introduce new challenges. VAKS offer tailored after school tutoring with an individual learning programme specifically developed to enhance and strengthen academic achievement.
Primary school tutoring is available for children from 4-11 years. VAKS also offer secondary school tutoring for children between the ages of 11-18.
Whether your child is preparing for an 11+ entrance exam their SATS or their GCSE’S, VAKS cover all of the English, maths and science National Curriculum and introduce concepts and topics ahead of schools to ensure a child has an understanding before it is brought into the classroom.
Just a few benefits of after school tutoring are:
After school tutoring can be a great way to inspire interest in a subject for children. Here are some ways in which this can be achieved:
- One-on-one attention: Unlike in a classroom setting, after school tutoring provides the opportunity for the tutor to give one-on-one attention to the student. This allows for a more personalised learning experience and can help the tutor to identify the child’s strengths and weaknesses. By understanding the child’s interests and learning style, the tutor can tailor the lessons to better suit their needs, making the learning process more engaging and enjoyable.
- Exploring different teaching methods: After school tutoring provides a platform for exploring different teaching methods that can make learning more fun and engaging for the child. Tutors can use multimedia tools, games, and other interactive learning resources to help children develop a deeper understanding of the subject matter. This can help to stimulate their curiosity and inspire them to learn more.
- Focusing on practical applications: After school tutoring can also focus on the practical applications of a subject, which can make learning more relevant and interesting for children. For example, in science, a tutor may conduct experiments that allow the child to see the subject matter in action, making it more tangible and engaging.
Going over topics in greater depth
Approaching subjects from a different perspective and at a pace suitable to the child
After school tutoring can be particularly beneficial for approaching subjects from different perspectives and at a pace suitable to the child. Here are some ways that after school tutoring can achieve this:
- Tailored instruction: tutoring provides the opportunity for tailored instruction that is tailored to the child’s individual needs. This means that the tutor can take into account the child’s preferred learning style, pace of learning, and areas of interest when designing their lessons. By adapting the instruction to the child’s individual needs, the tutor can help them to learn at a pace that is suitable for them.
- Exploring different teaching methods: tutoring allows for the exploration of different teaching methods that can help to approach subjects from different perspectives. Tutors can use a variety of techniques such as multimedia tools, games, and other interactive learning resources to help children understand subject matter from multiple angles. By using a variety of methods, the tutor can cater to the child’s specific needs and interests, helping them to approach subjects in a way that is engaging and enjoyable.
- More time for practice: tutoring provides additional time for practice, which can be particularly helpful for children who need extra time to master a subject. The tutor can provide additional practice materials, review previous work, and provide guidance and feedback as the child practices. By giving the child more time to practice, the tutor can help them to approach subjects at a pace that is suitable for them.
Building and nurturing confidence
Private tutoring can also help to build and nurture confidence in students. Here are some ways that after-school tutoring can achieve this:
- One-on-one attention: Private tutoring provides one-on-one attention from a tutor, which can be particularly beneficial for children who may be struggling in a classroom setting. By having the full attention of the tutor, the child can ask questions, receive guidance, and receive feedback on their work in a supportive environment. This individual attention can help to build confidence and self-esteem.
- Personalised feedback: Private tutoring allows for personalised feedback from a tutor, which can help to identify areas where the child is doing well and areas that may require improvement. By receiving personalised feedback, the child can see the progress they are making and feel more confident in their abilities.
- Mastery of concepts: provides the opportunity for the child to master concepts and skills at their own pace. This can help to build confidence as the child becomes more proficient in the subject matter. With VAKS Tuition, for example, students can receive specialised Maths tuition, English Tutoring, Science tutors and more, allowing them to master the subjects they need most help in.
- Positive reinforcement: tutoring can provide positive reinforcement and encouragement from a supportive tutor. By providing positive feedback and acknowledging the child’s progress, the tutor can help to build the child’s confidence and self-esteem.
Private tutoring can accelerate learning in a number of ways. Here are a few examples:
- Focused attention: In a classroom setting, teachers have to divide their attention between multiple students, making it difficult to give each student individualised attention. After-school tutoring, on the other hand, provides focused attention from a tutor, allowing the child to receive personalised instruction and guidance.
- Additional practice: After-school tutoring provides additional practice opportunities for the child to reinforce what they have learned in the classroom. This extra practice can help to solidify their understanding of the subject matter and accelerate their learning.
- Targeted approach: After-school tutoring can provide a targeted approach to learning, focusing on areas where the child needs the most help. By addressing specific areas of weakness, the child can make rapid progress and accelerate their learning.
- Online learning: With the rise of online tutoring, after-school tutoring is more accessible than ever before. Online tuition offers a flexible and convenient way to accelerate learning, allowing students to learn from the comfort of their own homes and at a time that suits them. We provide Online 11 Plus tutoring and online tutors to provide specialised learning support.
If you’re wondering “where can I find after school tutoring near me?” VAKS can be found at various locations across Hertfordshire and North London, which can be found here.