Primary School Tutors for SATS Preparation
We offer weekly tuition and intensive booster courses to guide and support your child through his/her SATs experience. These are available for Key stage 1, 2 and 3.Book a free trial
The vaks positive approach to preparing for tests and examinations allows pupils to grow in confidence and self-esteem. Pupils must be able to apply their knowledge with understanding and self-belief. This is fundamental to future learning.
Our team is very experienced in preparing students to sit entrance examinations for both state and public/private schools. We are enormously proud of results achieved by children in 4+, 7+, 11+, 13+ entrance exams since 2002.
Vaks continues to achieve a 100% success rate.
Performing well in exam conditions at any age requires professional support and tailored tuition. Our advanced programmes ensure that children are not only taught how to perform academically but are also equipped with the vital skills needed to cope psychologically during this experience.
At Vaks, we care tremendously about how this learning is facilitated. Together with parents, we endeavour to ensure that each pupil finds learning a positive experience. This will advance their Mathematical, English and Reasoning skills. These are the tools for learning that will be called upon long after the exam day.
Boosting confidence 🚀
We offer the highest level of connection with our students. No computers, No dull worksheets.
Children are placed at the centre of their learning and are continuously praised and motivated through our interactive teaching methods, which are engaging, enjoyable and fun.
Real people, real teaching, real learning
Watch the Transformation unfold… 🚀
We understand your child needs more than just tutoring
- Real people, NO COMPUTERS!
- Highest level of interaction
- Confidence building
- Encouraging friendships & connections with peers
- Motivating & inspiring hand picked tutors
- Positive, nurturing learning environment for all abilities
Start for FREE – Get ahead for September 2019
We would like to invite your child to receive a FREE educational assessment and taster session throughout the whole of September. The assessment is carefully structured to produce a hugely insightful picture of a child whatever their current ability. We make it simple for parents to understand and our partnership starts the very moment we share this.
This is the perfect opportunity to identify your child’s strengths and weaknesses and get prepared for the new academic term in September 2019.
No other provider will offer assessments and expert knowledge like we do.
You’re in excellent hands 🙌
Our SATS programme focuses on the key exam preparation skills:
- Understanding and interpretation of exam questions
- Memorisation techniques
- Mind mapping
- Comprehension and textual analysis
- Mock exam practice
- Study skills and organisation
- Interview technique
- Time management
“Helped build confidence with exams” 🙌
We prepare children for a vast range of schools within Hertfordshire, London and Middlesex. Some of these include:
- Dame Alice Owen’s School
- Haberdashers’ Aske School
- Haileybury College
- Henrietta Barnett, London
- Merchant Taylor School
- Mill Hill School, London
- Parmiter’s School
- St Albans Boy’s School
- St Albans High School for Girls
- St Columba’s College and Preparatory School
- St Edmund’s College and Preparatory School
- St Michael’s Grammar School, London
- Watford Boy’s School
- Watford Girls’ School
Have any questions? We’re human!
How it works
- 1. Free Educational Assessment From the outset, our qualified and experienced team will conduct an educational assessment of your child. We assess their personality, their general confidence as a learner and their overall attitude towards school. More info on assessments here
- 2. Parent Feedback Parents are given extensive feedback within 24 hours, along with our proposed plan for each child’s programme for when they join VAKS. Parents always tell us how this is a unique perspective of their child. You wont get this level of service anywhere else.
- 3. Tailored Tutoring Our tutors’ main goals are to improve your child’s confidence and make learning engaging and fun to help all pupils to reach their full potential. Children attend the learning centre on a weekly basis and complete homework relating to lessons taught.
- 4. Reporting progress Each session is recorded and tracked via our parent portal system. Parents can see at a glance termly objectives, what their child has learned on a weekly basis and what areas of homework needs revisiting. It's a partnerships approach
What’s included? EVERYTHING!
- FREE Homework Club (Before / after every session – More info here)
- Marking & reviewing homework
- Marking & reviewing exam papers
- On demand parent to parent support
- No fixed contracts
- Affordable monthly memberships
- No computers
- No dull worksheets
- Direct access to our expert professional knowledge
- Expert School advice – 20 years worth of experience
I feel I have improved in comprehension and RNM method has helped lots. I now feel happier writing long stories and also keeping writing for a long time. Also my creative imagination has shown its improvement at school.
Amy, Age 10
What our kids say about Vaks
Here’s what some of our students have to say about attending Vaks