English Tutors for 4+, 7+, 11+ SATs & GCSE
Reaching across the board from spelling and grammar to essay structure and creative writing, vaks has a variety of English lessons to equip your child with the skills and confidence to progress rapidly and achieve success.Book a FREE assessment
What will my child learn?
By completing our initial free assessment, your child can inform our English Tutors to focus on your child’s English learning targets to ensure that we provide whatever educational support they may need. We offer bespoke programmes for every pupil. By concentrating on individual students’ needs and different learning styles we help him/her to improve in knowledge and in critical and independent thinking, and so achieve higher grades and greater overall success.
Our English tuition programmes encourage pupils to:
- Developing Phonics knowledge
- Comprehension and text analysis
- Grammar and punctuation
- Writing skills and creative workshops
- Strategies in spelling
- Writing techniques and essay structures
- Dyslexia and associated reading difficulties
“Going from the middle of the road to top of his class”🙌
How it works
- 1. Free Educational Assessment From the outset, our qualified and experienced team will conduct an educational assessment of your child. We assess their personality, their general confidence as a learner and their overall attitude towards school. More info on assessments here
- 2. Parent Feedback Parents are given extensive feedback within 24 hours, along with our proposed plan for each child’s programme for when they join VAKS. Parents always tell us how this is a unique perspective of their child. You wont get this level of service anywhere else.
- 3. Tailored Tutoring Our tutors’ main goals are to improve your child’s confidence and make learning engaging and fun to help all pupils to reach their full potential. Children attend the learning centre on a weekly basis and complete homework relating to lessons taught.
- 4. Reporting progress Each session is recorded and tracked via our parent portal system. Parents can see at a glance termly objectives, what their child has learned on a weekly basis and what areas of homework needs revisiting. It's a partnerships approach
What’s included? EVERYTHING!
- FREE Homework Club (Before / after every session – More info here)
- Marking & reviewing homework
- Marking & reviewing exam papers
- On demand parent to parent support
- No fixed contracts
- Affordable monthly memberships
- No computers
- No dull worksheets
- Direct access to our expert professional knowledge
- Expert School advice – 20 years worth of experience
Honestly the best tuition out there, they got me from a Predicted D to an A in a matter of months for my English GCSE- I was only expecting to leave with a C grade. The impact of this was long lasting as it helped me with my A levels and I am now going off to university. Worth every penny!
Nawal – vaks student
Awesome experience!!!!! My girl’s performance in English has improved tremendously in a few months. Lovely staff, always warm and welcoming.
Ohu – vaks parent
What our kids say about vaks
Here’s what some of our students have to say about attending vaks
By completing our assessment, your child can inform our English Tutors to focus on your child’s English learning targets to ensure that we provide whatever educational support they may need. By concentrating on individual students’ needs and different learning styles we help him/her to improve in knowledge and in critical and independent thinking, and so achieve higher grades and greater overall success.Request a callback