Science Tutors for SATs & GCSE
VAKs teaches Primary and Secondary Science as well as GCSE Tuition in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.Book a free assessment
How can private Science tutoring help?
Our students are taught to develop a broad understanding and a concrete knowledge about the wider ranging theories of Science, many of which encompass the theory of evolution, atomic theory and the essential principles of Newtonian physics.
Our Science programmes can help your child prepare for SATs & GCSE exams.
What will my child learn from private science tutoring?
Our initial free assessment allows our Science tutors to focus on your child’s Science learning targets and ensure that we can provide science lessons that form part of a specially tailored study programme. To access educational support for your child, click here to request a call back.
Our science study programmes and revision courses are guaranteed to improve your child’s existing grade. We teach pupils how to organise, plan and revise more effectively.
STEM projects include collaboration between Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths.
We carry out projects over a period of time where the individual collaborates with other students by working on a group project.
Examples of Projects have included:
The aim is to raise aspiration, knowledge and skills so to thrive in a competitive field.
Use cutting edge science to ignite interest in learning in a fun and exciting way outside of the curriculum. Students will be working in groups to carry out scientific methods to plan, collect data, draw conclusions and evaluate their methods and data.
These skills are part of the national curriculum and will aid students to perform better in the HSW component at KS3 and KS4.
“Improve my confidence in exams“🙌
You’re in excellent hands 🙌
We do this by identifying and improving key areas:
- POD (plan, organise, develop)
- Knowledge and understanding
- Exam preparation and techniques
How it works
- 1. Free Educational Assessment From the outset, our qualified and experienced team will conduct an educational assessment of your child. We assess their personality, their general confidence as a learner and their overall attitude towards school. More info on assessments here
- 2. Parent Feedback Parents are given extensive feedback within 24 hours, along with our proposed plan for each child’s programme for when they join VAKS. Parents always tell us how this is a unique perspective of their child. You wont get this level of service anywhere else.
- 3. Tailored Tutoring Our tutors’ main goals are to improve your child’s confidence and make learning engaging and fun to help all pupils to reach their full potential. Children attend the learning centre on a weekly basis and complete homework relating to lessons taught.
- 4. Reporting progress Each session is recorded and tracked via our parent portal system. Parents can see at a glance termly objectives, what their child has learned on a weekly basis and what areas of homework needs revisiting. It's a partnerships approach
What’s included? EVERYTHING!
- FREE Homework Club (Before / after every session – More info here)
- Marking & reviewing homework
- Marking & reviewing exam papers
- On demand parent to parent support
- No fixed contracts
- Affordable monthly memberships
- No computers
- No dull worksheets
- Direct access to our expert professional knowledge
- Expert School advice – 20 years worth of experience
Have any questions? We’re human!
Don’t compare to other tutoring companies, their success speaks for themselves. My granddaughter loves attending the tutoring sessions. She even will get up early on a Saturday with anticipation. Brilliant!
Elke – Vaks Grandparent
Thank you so much to the tutors and staff at Vaks in Ware who tutored my son. We are so pleased that my son passed his exams. It's all thanks to the tutors and the team at Vaks and my son.
Jo – Vaks parent
Thank you so much for your help getting Harry the grade he needed....over the moon! Couldn't have done it without your help and support.
Kate – Vaks parent
What our kids say about Vaks
Here’s what some of our students have to say about attending Vaks
By completing our assessment, your child can inform our Science Tutors to focus on your child’s Science learning targets to ensure that we provide whatever educational support they may need. By concentrating on individual students’ needs and different learning styles we help him/her to improve in knowledge and in critical and independent thinking, and so achieve higher grades and greater overall success.Request a callback