SUMMER IS ALMOST HERE!
VAKS are delighted to offer the opportunity for your child to keep their brain active and challenged whilst also having lots of fun throughout the Summer holidays. For the fourth year running, we will be running our ALL STARS SUMMER CAMP.
We would like to invite your child to continue their learning throughout the holidays and attend our sessions on a drop-in basis to fit in with your holiday arrangements.
No weekend tuition will take place in all centres throughout August, until we return to VAKS term on Saturday 7th September. Your monthly payment will be collected as usual on the 01/08/2019.
What this means:
We ask that you select two of the available dates if your child currently follows a single programme of 1 hour per week. The usual cost of £129.00 will apply in August.
Or, if your child follows a double programme of 2 hours per week, you may select four of the available dates. The usual cost of £249.00 will apply in August.
The day will begin at 10.00am and finish at 2.00pm. The morning session will involve focused teaching on English, Maths or Science. You may choose a combination of one or all three subjects.
This in effect means double the amount of teaching time for your usual monthly payment. This time will be used to consolidate and extend your child in total preparation for the new academic year.
During these 4 weeks, children can refine and accelerate their English, maths or science within small groups by participating in specially crafted lessons which have been selected by our teachers to enable your child to build confidence and accelerate their existing knowledge.
Our teachers already know your child’s strengths and weaknesses and can use this opportunity to get ahead on the new academic year.
WE FOCUS ON
- Creative writing
- Reading comprehension, grammar and spelling
- Maths including mental arithmetic
- Science using practical, interactive lessons to stimulate the mind and create curiosity
- STEM classes – an exciting new introduction
- Story telling
- Handwriting workshop
- Phonics and reading for the EYFS
- Pre GCSE and GCSE classes to support and extend your child ahead of the academic year
- 11+ revision and mock exam experience for Grammar and Independent schools
- Small groups with focused time and support to work at your child’s individual pace with the great benefit of working fresh in the morning when children are off school
- Fun activities all afternoon created to please everyone; it is the Summer holidays after all!!
Parents may choose learning sessions only, and collect after lunch. Full or half days available:
Week 1: Monday 29th, Tuesday 30th Wednesday 31st July
Week 2: Monday 5th, Tuesday 6th, Wednesday 7th August
Week 3: Monday 12th, Tuesday 13th, Wednesday 14th August
Week 4: Monday 19th, Tuesday 20th, Wednesday 21st August
Please reserve your dates no later than Friday 28th June 2019.
If you are unable to commit to any of the dates given below, the alternative is for your child to attend on Saturday 31st August in all centres for an extended teaching day which will be 2-4 hours depending on their age. We highly recommend that your child gets their brain back into gear before September.
For more information or if you have any questions please email or call Martina or Jacqui on the number below.
With kindest regards