Bishop's Stortford tuition
Our Bishop’s Stortford tuition centre is conveniently located at Birchwood High School, just minutes away from the A1184, A120 and M11.Book a FREE trial
How can we help?
At our Bishop’s Stortford tuition centre, we tutor children aged between 4 and 18 years old. Our expert tuition programmes cover English, maths and science and are designed to help your child achieve their best results in their KS1, KS2, KS3, SATs or GCSEs. We also prepare children for their 4 Plus, 7 Plus, 11 Plus and 13 Plus entrance exams.
You wont find a tuition provider like us, VAKS!
We know that every child is an individual with their own way of learning and we will help your child find their prefered learning style and technique to accelerate their academic growth.
All our tutoring programs are aligned to the National Curriculum and our success rates speak for themselves – at GCSE level our students have never achieved below a C grade (now a grade 4 / 5). At 11 Plus, 100% of our students have achieved a choice from their top three schools around Hertfordshire and London.
Our Bishop’s Stortford tutors
Our team of tutors interact with children throughout the entire learning process. Enthusiastic and inspiring, our tutors do not place your child in front of a computer, preferring a personalised approach which is hands on and designed to stimulate and engage your child at every stage. We use traditional teaching methods with proven results.
Every vaks tutor is enhanced DBS checked. Our Bishop’s Stortford tutors guide your child through our carefully designed learning programmes which are aligned with the national curriculum to ensure the highest level of success is achieved.
Our Bishop’s Stortford Tutor Reviews 🙌
Watch the Transformation unfold… 🚀
We understand your child needs more than just tutoring
- Real people, real learning – no computers!
- Highest level of interaction
- Confidence building
- Children are always matched according to age and ability
- We never mix year groups because one size does not fit all!
- Encouraging friendships & connections with peers
- Motivating & inspiring hand picked tutors
- Group dynamic – average size 3-6 with one-to-one for those who need it
- No old school methods like sitting in rows
- Eye contact is everything
Start for FREE
Book a FREE trial session
Book a FREE Trial Session and Educational Assessment. Our Finchley assessment is carefully structured to produce a hugely insightful picture of a child whatever their current ability. We make it simple for parents to understand and our partnership starts the very moment we share this.
This is the perfect opportunity to identify your child’s strengths and weaknesses and get prepared for the new academic term.
Schedule your free educational assessment
Birchwood School, Parsonage Ln, Bishop’s Stortford CM23 5BD
Have any questions? We’re human!
Our small groups of children are carefully peer matched according to their ability and learning style. This is an effective way to accelerate development as it increases each child’s confidence and provides a learning environment which is very different from the school classroom.
VAKS is often described as a ‘learning club’, where children are individually nurtured and challenged.
Find our Bishop’s Stortford Centre
Our Bishop’s Stortford tuition centre is conveniently located at Birchwood High School, just minutes away from the A1184, A120 and M11.
You can park for free at the centre or alternatively you can reach us on public transport with a bus stop just 4 minutes away.
Birchwood High School
Why Choose Vaks?
At Vaks, we assess every child’s baseline to identify their strengths and weaknesses. This allows our tutors to focus their lessons by using a blend of developing existing knowledge, revisiting and revising and mastering new found skills.
Their achievements are praised and rewarded so that each and every student remains motivated and is given the self belief as a learner to apply this new found learning to their school work.
Our experienced tutors inspire, encourage and reassure. We know that every child is an individual with their own way of learning and we will help your child find their preferred learning style, using the most suitable teaching techniques to accelerate their academic growth.
Our student success rates speak for themselves – at 4 Plus, 7 Plus and 11 Plus and 13 Plus, 100% of our students have achieved a choice from their top three schools around Hertfordshire and London.
How it works
- 1. Free Educational Assessment From the outset, our qualified and experienced team will conduct an educational assessment of your child. We assess their personality, their general confidence as a learner and their overall attitude towards school. More info on assessments here
- 2. Parent Feedback Parents are given extensive feedback within 24 hours, along with our proposed plan for each child’s programme for when they join VAKS. Parents always tell us how this is a unique perspective of their child. You wont get this level of service anywhere else.
- 3. Tailored Tutoring Our tutors’ main goals are to improve your child’s confidence and make learning engaging and fun to help all pupils to reach their full potential. Children attend the learning centre on a weekly basis and complete homework relating to lessons taught.
- 4. Reporting progress Each session is recorded and tracked via our parent portal system. Parents can see at a glance termly objectives, what their child has learned on a weekly basis and what areas of homework needs revisiting. It's a partnerships approach
What’s included? EVERYTHING!
- FREE Homework Club (Before / after every session – More info here)
- Marking & reviewing homework
- Marking & reviewing exam papers
- On demand parent to parent support
- No fixed contracts
- Affordable monthly memberships
- No computers
- No dull worksheets
- Direct access to our expert professional knowledge
- Expert School advice – 20 years worth of experience
Have any questions? We’re human!
No other provider will offer assessments and expert knowledge like we do.
The first thing we do is to offer your child a free assessment or a trial lesson. This is done in a very nurturing way, it’s not a pressurised test. During this assessment we’re not only looking at a child’s educational profile, which will identify their strengths and weaknesses.Book a free assessment here
The Vaks tutoring method
At Vaks, every student is placed at the centre of their own learning. Our interactive teaching methods are engaging and enjoyable. Whatever learning stage your child is at, our expert tuition will really make a difference. Our tailored approach means we can support children of all abilities and we always begin with a free educational assessment.
We offer expert tuition for every learning stage, subject and ability via our unique tutoring method which incorporates:
learning through seeing
learning through listening
learning through moving, doing and touching