A warm welcome to VAKS
VAKS provides personalised tuition for children from 4 to 18 years. We offer exceptional study programmes in Maths, English & Science tailored to meet the individual needs of your child, whatever their ability or aspirations. We provide expert mentoring and coaching for all students giving them the opportunity to increase their confidence and reach their full academic potential, whether that may be a short-term boost in a specific subject, or to focus on the necessary skills to ensure exam success at every level.
VAKS are now accepting Tax Free Childcare & Universal Credit for our Private Tutoring!
You can now pay with any existing Childcare Voucher Scheme you are enrolled in with your Employer, or the new government Tax-Free Childcare Scheme if you are not in receipt of any benefits such as Universal Credit or Tax Credits.
You can also pay with Tax Credits, or the newly rolled out Universal Credit.
We now accept:
Tax Free Childcare
20% off our tuition sessions.
Up to 85% off our tuition.
Salary sacrifice of up to £55 per week.
Up to 70% off our tuition.
Check your eligibility
Tax Free Childcare
- Work 16+ hours a week
- Your child must be 11 or younger
- The scheme is available to ALL eligible workers incl the self-employed
- Earn under £100,000 per year (per parent)
- Can’t be claimed with any other schemes
- Both partners in the household must be working & you’ll need to earn at least £131 a week
The Government-backed Tax-Free Childcare scheme essentially gives eligible families 20% off childcare costs including our tuition sessions. You open an online Tax-Free Childcare account and the Government adds 20p for every 80p you pay in. You then pay your provider from that account.
If you’re eligible, you’ll need to create an online childcare account via the Government Tax-Free Childcare site. It should take about 20 minutes to set up, and to do this you’ll need your national insurance number to hand (you’ll also need your unique taxpayer reference if you’re self-employed).
To check your eligibility and for more information on Tax Free Childcare and whether they could help you, call us on 0800 404 8172
- You’re on a low income or out of work
- Your child is under 16yrs
- You’re under State Pension age (or your partner is)
- You and your partner have £16,000 or less in savings between you
- Can’t be claimed alongside Tax Credits
This is paid direct to the parents/guardians, as long as you (or your partner if you have one) are working or are due to start work. You can claim up to 85% towards the cost of your childcare bill including our tuition sessions, as long as the child remains in education until they are 18. The maximum amount you can claim back each month is £646 for one child or £1108 for two or more children.
To check your eligibility and for more information on Universal credit and whether they could help you, call us on 0800 404 8172.
- Now closed to new applicants however those already in a scheme with employers can continue to pay with them
- Salary sacrifice of up to £55 per week
This scheme is closed to new applicants, however if you are already enrolled in a scheme with your employer and they are willing to continue the arrangement you can still claim your vouchers for a Childcare Provider, including your tuition at VAKS.
To check your eligibility and for more information on Childcare vouchers and whether they could help you, call us on 0800 404 8172.
- For children aged 0-15 or 16 if disabled
- Paid directly to parents
- Up to 70% off our tuition
Tax credits are closed to new applicants and have been replaced by Universal Credit for most people however, if you are already receiving them you are still able to use them to cover the cost of up to 70% of your childcare bill. Tax Credits are paid directly to the parents/guardians who then pay the Childcare provider as agreed.
To check your eligibility and for more information on Tax Credits and whether they could help you, call us on 0800 404 8172.
Start for FREE
Book a FREE Trial Session and Educational Assessment. Our assessment is carefully structured to produce a hugely insightful picture of a child whatever their current ability. We make it simple for parents to understand and our partnership starts the very moment we share this.
This is the perfect opportunity to identify your child’s strengths and weaknesses and get prepared for the new academic term.
No other provider will offer assessments and expert knowledge like we do.
Watch the Transformation unfold… 🚀
We understand your child needs more than just Maths tutoring
- Real people, real learning – no computers!
- Highest level of interaction
- Confidence building
- Children are always matched according to age and ability
- We never mix year groups because one size does not fit all!
- Encouraging friendships & connections with peers
- Motivating & inspiring hand picked tutors
- Group dynamic – average size 3-6 with one-to-one for those who need it
- No old school methods like sitting in rows
- Eye contact is everything
Reading, writing, spelling and grammar
Mental arithmetic & problem solving
Biology, Chemistry and Physics
11 Plus Tuition
Year 8 – 11 Exam Support